Tariff and Payment
Minimum Daily Package
You are entitled to the following services as part of the minimum daily tariff
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours. It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists traveling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations is listed in Tourism council of Bhutan website.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Tour Programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- Within 30 days of start of programme ~ no charges
- Within 21 days ~ 10% of rate
- Within 14 days ~ 15% of rate
- Within 7 days ~ 30% of rate
- Less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of rate
- After arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required. It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Tourists traveling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty. This Royalty is currently set at $65 per day.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall also be given a 25% discount on the Royalty.
- A discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50%discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.
Visitors availing discounts under Sections A & B shall not be eligible for discount under .
This money will remain with the Tourism Council of Bhutan until your trip is complete. Only after you have completed your holiday will the monies be transferred to the local tour operator with which you booked your travel through. This helps to ensure the high quality of service received throughout your trip.
Once you have booked with us, we will instruct you on how to make the payments. Payments must be settled one month in advance of commencement of the tour to clear the Bhutan Visa, Road Permit, Special Permit, and etc.
How do I confirm my Bhutan Travel booking?
Payment for your trip is made via a bank transfer to Bhutan, through the Tourism Council (TCB) of Bhutan. We will provide you with bank details once your choice of the trip is confirmed. Please note that it is not possible to make payments by credit card, as the payment has to be routed through the government’s account, and is not paid directly to us. Payment should be made in advance to allow us to confirm Druk Air seats, and other necessary tour arrangements. Once we receive notification from the bank that your payment has arrived, we will send you a formal trip confirmation and receipt.
Once your funds arrive, we will instruct the bank to transfer the part of the payment which relates to flights directly to Druk Air on your behalf. Druk Air will then issue your ticket in the form of an e-ticket and we will forward this to you on receipt to print out and take with you when you go to check in.
The TCB (Tourism Council of Bhutan) will continue to hold the money you have sent for your tour until your trip has taken place. It will not be released to Lonely Bhutan Tours and Trek until you have left the country on your return flight. This provides you with the security of knowing that your money is safe until your holiday takes place.
If for any reason the trip doesn’t take place, then the government will not give your money to Lonely Bhutan Tours and Trek, but will return it to you (subject to any cancellation charges which apply if you have cancelled the trip). So, in the unlikely event that we do not run your trip for you, you would not be out of pocket.